Mastercard Foundation Graduate Scholar’s Program 2023 – Fully funded | APPLY NOW
About Mastercard Foundation Graduate Scholar’s Program 2023
The University of Gondar’s Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) has committed to awarding a total of 160 graduate scholarships over a span of eight years, beginning in the 2018/19 academic year. These scholarships aim to support academically talented youth from Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea, Djibouti, and South Sudan who face socioeconomic disadvantages.
The Graduate Scholars Program is specifically designed to equip scholars with transformative leadership skills and foster their professional and scholarly abilities, enabling them to effectively contribute to socioeconomic development at the global, regional, national, and local levels.
The Mastercard Foundation provides both technical and financial support for the program, ensuring that scholars receive exceptional academic and non-academic assistance throughout their time at the University of Gondar.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a recognized Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline obtained in the past 5 years, with English as the medium of instruction, and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) at graduation.
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Somalia, Eritrea, South Sudan, or Djibouti, having resided in their respective countries for at least five years at the time of application.
- Applicants with disabilities and female applicants facing financial difficulties in funding their graduate education will be given priority.
- Applicants must be applying to or enrolled in one of the specified graduate programs, including:
- Gender and Development Studies
- Development and Environmental Management Studies
- Public Health
- Special Needs and Inclusive Education.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What are the eligibility criteria for graduate scholarships? Graduate scholarships are available to applicants who intend to be full-time students at the University of Gondar. Eligible applicants must have a relevant Bachelor’s degree, meet citizenship and residency requirements, and may include individuals with disabilities or female applicants facing financial difficulties.
- Who can apply? Can applicants without physical impairments apply for the scholarship? Yes, academically talented individuals, both with and without visual, hearing, or mobility disabilities (for females), can apply for the graduate scholarship. However, they must demonstrate financial need, community involvement, and leadership capacity.
- How do I apply? Where can I get the scholarship application package? Applications can be completed and submitted online. Alternatively, you can download the paper application form in English, fill it out, and send it via email or mail along with scanned copies of relevant documents.
- Can all Africans apply for the scholarship? No, the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program awards graduate scholarships to citizens and residents of five East African countries: Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea, Djibouti, and South Sudan.
- Do the rules and regulations of the Ministry of Education apply in the recruitment and selection of scholars? Yes, the rules and regulations of the Ministry of Education and the University of Gondar apply. For more information, please visit the respective websites.
- What is the application deadline? The application period for graduate scholarships opens on March 31, 2023, and closes on May 31, 2023.
- Does the scholarship application have a fee? No, there is no fee to apply for the scholarship.
- What are the admission requirements at UOG? Applicants must have a relevant bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 from a recognized university. More information can be found in the University of Gondar Senate Legislation or by contacting the University’s Registrar’s office.
- What specific requirements must applicants fulfill? Applicants need to complete an application form, provide information about their academic ability, financial need, disability status, community involvement, and leadership potential. Various documents and testimonials are also required.
- What are the study programs for graduate scholars? What are the specific academic and non-academic requirements for these programs? Graduate applicants must be enrolled in or applying to programs such as Law, Sociology, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Gender and Development Studies, Development and Environmental Management Studies, Optometry, Public Health, and Special Needs and Inclusive Education. Applicants are advised to visit the University of Gondar website for program-specific academic
For more information please visit Mastercard Foundation Graduate Scholar’s Program