Business Development Officer – SNV, The Hague, Netherlands
Full-time, Contract type: National employment contract
Company Description: Business Development Officer – SNV, The Hague, Netherlands
SNV is a mission-driven global development partner working in more than 20 countries across Africa and Asia. Building on 60 years of experience and grounded in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we work on the core themes of gender equality and social inclusion, climate adaptation and mitigation, and strong institutions and effective governance.
Together with our team of over 1,600 people, our mission is to strengthen capacities and catalyze partnerships that transform the agri-food, energy, and water systems, which enable sustainable and more equitable lives for all.
Our core values of people-centeredness and respect, equity and equality, and diversity and inclusion, are fundamental to who we are, and what we do. This is reflected in our vision and mission, and strategy, which sets out our aspirations and commitments as our compass towards 2030.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
Job Description: Business Development Officer – SNV, The Hague, Netherlands
SNV is seeking a motivated Business Development Officer to play a vital role in our capture and prospect development efforts. This role is essential to achieving SNV’s ambitious order intake target of €200 million per year in the dynamic field of International Development.
You will be responsible for ensuring proposal quality, donor compliance, and securing contracts that contribute to SNV’s Strategy 2030. This is an exciting opportunity to make a global impact, work in diverse sectors, and collaborate with teams across the world.
As part of our Global Partnership & Business Development team, you’ll collaborate with dedicated professionals who share a passion for creating positive change. This team is focused on supporting our Global Sector teams (Agri-Food, Energy, and Water) and 20+ Country teams in achieving SNV’s business development targets. You’ll work together in a fast-paced, competitive environment, bringing your drive to win and your expertise in the International Development Sector.
For this role you need to be eligible to work in the Netherlands. SNV cannot sponsor for a work visa.
As the Business Development Officer, you will lead the capture, prospect development, and cultivation of significant bids (Tenders & Grants) for SNV. Moreover, you may take on the role of Donor Account Manager for one of SNV’s key donors.
Key Responsibilities Include: Business Development Officer – SNV, The Hague, Netherlands
Capture and pre-positioning: Lead the early intelligence gathering and pre-positioning efforts with donors for forecasted opportunities. Identify and engage potential partners to facilitate informed bid decisions.
Proposal management: Serve as the proposal coordinator/bid manager and lead partner negotiations for tenders and grant applications. Coordinate inputs from various teams, prepare technical and financial proposals, and manage submission processes.
Global/Multi-country proposals: Coordinate SNV’s responses to global/multi-country calls for proposals. Analyse requirements, select concepts for submission, and ensure effective communication with various teams and offices.
Contract negotiation: Drive the contract negotiation process with funders and partners. Ensure smooth handover of signed agreements to project teams and the global Finance and Compliance team,
Bidding strategy and proposal evaluation: Assess and analyse the outcomes of bidding strategies and submitted proposals, with a focus on identifying areas of improvement.
Process improvement: Lead internal improvement projects in business development processes. Develop tools, templates, and provide training to team and sector/country colleagues.
Donor Account Management: Potentially assuming the Donor Account Management role (up to 20% of the time) for one of SNV’s priority donors. Track donor policies, trends, and priorities. Facilitate knowledge sharing within SNV and support in-country relationships to identify early opportunities.
Qualifications: Business Development Officer – SNV, The Hague, Netherlands
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic, and proactive individual passionate about capturing opportunities, prospect development, and cultivating relationships, ready to enhance SNV’s capacity in securing vital projects. In addition, we are looking for someone with:
- Qualification (preferably postgraduate) in international development, international business, or related technical field of expertise.
- Minimum of 5 years of general work experience related to the position of which 3 years with a focus on new business development or institutional fundraising for an international non-profit similar to SNV or consultancy firm.
- Acumen in costing/pricing development.
- Proven track record on planning and leading multi-million Euro proposal submissions with at least 2 of the following donors DGIS/EKN, European Union, FCDO, USAID, SDC, SIDA, ENDEV, DANIDA or Private Foundations.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication skills in English is a must, with French capabilities very positively valued.
- High level of commercial/competitive acumen, able to assess what it takes to win, and to lead on commercial/competitive elements of the bid, including pricing and value for money.
- Initiative and pro-active work approach, with an attention to planning and detail and able to support multiple and shifting demands and deadlines.
- Focus on quality and result-oriented.
- Strong networking skills in an international, multi-cultural setting, with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within and outside of the organization.
- Capacity to develop conceptual thinking by gaining insight into situations, problems, and processes. Skilled in deconstructing problems and systematically investigating various components.
- Contract type: Full time, national employment contract.
- Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
- Contract duration: 1 year with the possibility to extend based on performance
- Expected start date: As soon as possible
- Travel: may involve approximately 20% travel, which can be adjusted based on individual circumstances and project requirements. We are committed to providing a flexible work environment that takes into account the needs of our team members.
How to Apply: Business Development Officer – SNV, The Hague, Netherlands
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, we warmly invite you to express your interest by submitting your CV and a letter of motivation on or before 19th of November 2023, using the Smart Recruiters platform. Please rest assured that all applications will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.
After the application deadline you will be contacted to discuss the next phases of our internal recruitment process, which includes two interview sessions. Your participation is highly encouraged, and we look forward to receiving your application.
*SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org/careers.
SNV strives to be an inclusive employer, thriving on the diversity of its people and does not discriminate on the basis of disability status, religion, ethnic origin, gender and sexual orientation, etc.
SNV carries out rigorous background and reference checks concerning possible safeguarding incidents for all candidates applying for International determined positions. As SNV participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a request to past employers to fill in a questionnaire regarding Misconduct (sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment), the “Statement of Conduct“. This Statement of Conduct adopts the definitions used in the Scheme.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.